The Kentucky Derby
Derby Fever, Derby Day, and the Run for the Roses®
by Bill Doolittle
Written by Louisville sportswriter and noted Derby historian Bill Doolittle, and magnificently illustrated by thoroughbred racing’s top photographers, The Kentucky Derby: Derby Fever, Derby Day, and The Run for the Roses celebrates the greatest horse race in the world — from its rich history and tradition of bluegrass horse farms and land of My Old Kentucky Home to the building excitement of fun-filled days leading up to the euphoric Kentucky Derby Day.
Take advantage of an exciting opportunity and make this unique new book the centerpiece of your Kentucky Derby plans. Better yet, make a lasting impression and tie your business to this impressive edition through a variety of customizing options that will benefit your brand.
Featuring state-of-the art digital technology of Digimarc Discover® and manufactured with the finest materials and printing, The Kentucky Derby book will have broad appeal.
Corporate Uses and Benefits:
- Present to your guests as a thank-you gift for coming to your Derby event
- Give a copy to your customer base in recognition of their business and loyalty
- Use as an incentive to draw in new business
- Recognize valued employees with this gift of appreciation
- Format: Hardbound with embedded video and audio files
- Trim-size: 9-3/4" wide x 11-3/4" tall
- Pages: 192 + endsheets
- Text: 50,000 words plus photo captions and sidebars
- Photography: Approximately 175 color plus b+w archival
- Printing: 4 Color throughout plus spot varnish
- Bindery: Hardbound; smythe-sewn; gold-foil stamping of title on cover
- Packaging: Individually boxed in a white gift mailer and packed in durable bulk cartons; 8 copies per carton
- Publication: March 2016
- Suggested Retail Price: $50
- ISBN: 978-0-9897104-5-9
Tier 1: Imprinted Company Name
Your company name and/or logo foil stamped in lower right front of book dust jacket and hardbound cover. Your choice of silver, red, or black color foil. Stamping die is made from your supplied artwork.
- Imprint area: 5" (L) x 0.75" (H)
- Artwork: Your artwork required for imprinting
- Furnish artwork in 100% black, no grey or color tones
- Artwork should be 100% scale to size and right reading
Tier 2: Tipped-in Letter
Provide us with your special message on your corporate letterhead, and we will permanently mount it to the book’s front endsheet. Your special letter will be the first page the reader will see. Option is available for us to print your letter.
- Letter size: Standard 8.5" x 11" letters need to be one page and one-sided
- We can print your message on your supplied letterhead or create letterhead with your message
- Letters we print are on uncoated, medium weight stock
Tier 3: Bookplate
For a brief statement, have us create and affix a special bookplate to the front endsheet. From your supplied artwork or design instructions, your custom bookplate will be printed on quality label stock. Gold or silver book plate, with black copy.
- Bookplate: Standard size is 3" x 4"
- We can print your custom message on a permanent label bookplate then affix to the front endsheet
- Artwork should be final design/copy and 100% scale to size
Tier 4: Custom Book Cover
Cutting edge technology connects your company’s website, special event, announcement, or video to the book’s cover image via Digimarc Discover®. The Digimarc Discover app will enable your audience to scan the book cover and be connected to your website or video message. Includes a special announcement card that introduces Digimarc Discover and the path to your featured site or video.
- Digimarc embedded images are located at Front Cover and Pages 2-3 & Page 11, and are available for your Link
- Client-supplied URL can be directed to website Home Page or specific navigation to a special event or announcement page
For book customization, contact Cathy Shircliff for more details and pricing.
For wholesale orders, contact Cathy Shircliff.